As a pet parent, you want this valued member of the family to look sleek and beautiful. Not to mention, the health and comfort of your pet are of utmost importance. That is why you want to identify a grooming service that is professional and reliable. Experience is important because that means that they have the knowledge and skill to put your furry friend at ease.
Undoubtedly, the sanitation of the facility and equipment in use should be of the highest standards. Daycare facilities are useful, and you may also prefer that grooming takes place in the comfort of your home. We understand your concerns; hence we’ve done the legwork and composed a list of Melbourne’s 5 best pet grooming services [2021 review].
1. Fur the Luv of Dogz
- Best forHome-based grooming for small, medium sized dogs
- AddressMornington Peninsula, Vic Australia
- HoursBy appointment
Fur the Luv of Dogz aims to provide specialized service for dogs who find trips to the grooming salon stressful. It is also ideal for dogs who don’t particularly like other dogs. Megan, the founder, has a lifelong love of dogs and is well-versed in the techniques needed to make grooming a stress-free experience for your dog. Best of all, you can stay by your pooch throughout the grooming session.
- The grooming service provider comes equipped with top-quality products and pristine equipment
- Your security is guaranteed as she has a police check
- You can rest assured that there will be no mess to clean up afterwards. The groomer cleans as she goes along and gives the room a final clean before she leaves.
- A full groom experience that includes: Bath, Stylized clip including the sanitary area, Hand scissoring of the face, feet, legs, and Nail trim
- Clip and Go: This is an all-over one-length clip with bath, fluff dry, and nail trim
- The In-betweener: This comprises a tidy-up service for regular clients and it involves a brush, bath, and trim.
- Full Groom Experience: Small dog $35+, medium dog $45+, large dog $110+
- Clip & Go: Small dog $70+
- The In-betweener: Small dog $60+, medium dog $70+, large dog $90+
- Matting – $10 per 15 minute intervals
- Anal glands – $15
2. Murphy’s Paw
- Best forFull service beauty and grooming
- Address399/401 Bay St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia
- HoursMon/Sat – 08:30-15:00
Tue-Fri – 08:30-17:30
A visit to Murphy’s Paw goes beyond simple dog washing. It is a memorable experience that involves professional grooming under the hands of caring experts. The grooming salon team loves dogs and is experienced in working with dogs of all sizes and temperaments. They have all undergone stringent in-house training. Caitlin, who is originally from New Zealand, has been with the salon for many years. Jeanne is American trained and loves herding breeds. Alicia is a dog lover who trained in Taiwan.
- Groomers use hand-scissoring techniques and work with your pooch’s features and body shape to obtain the best look.
- The salon is conveniently located in Port Melbourne, close to the CBD with the Docklands a mere 10-minute drive away.
- On offer is a wide range of stylish options.
- There is a puppy introductory program for pets that are new to the experience.
- Murphy’s Paw uses Hydro baths with a special spray head that provides a therapeutic water massage.
- Professional grooming
- Bath, dry, brush-out
- Full groom which includes bathing and a breed-specific clip
- Specialist styling groom for a one-off special style
- Nail trimming
- Ear cleaning
- Flea rinses
3. Groomzy Cat Grooming
- Best forCat grooming
- Address59 Sargood St, Altona VIC 3018, Australia
- HoursMon-Fri 09:00-19:00
Groomzy Cat Grooming is located in Altona which is 20 minutes west of Melbourne. The salon, which is exclusively for cats, is a member of the National Cat Groomers Institute. At Groomzy, no sedatives are used during the grooming process. What is of prime importance is the welfare and comfort of the cats. Hence, the salon recommends the use of a product known as Gabapentin to keep agitated cats calm. It is the safer alternative to sedatives. In addition, pet parents are welcome to stay and watch the session.
- Groomzy operates on an appointments basis only
- Tools and Equipment are sanitized between cats to prevent infection
- The salon can advise you on an appropriate grooming maintenance schedule for your cat
- Hypoallergenic baths are available for sensitive cats
- Nail trim
- Ear and eye clean
- Mat & Pelt removal (shaving)
- Full coat grooming- included thorough brushing, bath, and blow-dry
- Brush out – includes deshedding
- Lion clip without bath and blowdry: $80
- Lion clip with bath and blowdry: $110
- Asian lion clip without bath and blowdry: $65
- Asian lion clip with bath and blowdry: $75-$85
- Sanitary clip: $10
- Paw trim: $10
- Full coat shave: $200-$300
- Full coat grooming: $60-$80
- Brush out: $15-$40
* Prices include nail trim, ear and eye clean if you go for a full coat grooming or clipping
4. The Dapper Dog Grooming & Spa
- Best forGrooming in a homely environment
- Address10 Courtney Square, Wantirna VIC 3152, Australia
- HoursMon, Wed, Thu – 09:00-15:00
Fri - 08:00-15:00
The Dapper Dog Grooming & Spa operates from peaceful, homely surroundings. Dogs have access to the garden, as there are no cages there. Your pooch will enjoy personalized service from the qualified groomer assigned to him. Kath Marshall, who owns the salon, is an internationally qualified professional dog groomer. Her able assistant is Cait Warmerdam, a professional dog stylist with over 5 years of experience.
- The grooming team goes the extra mile to calm anxious dogs so that they can enjoy the grooming experience
- The products used are gentle to the skin as they are 100% plant-derived
- The salon is open on Saturdays, which is convenient if you are at work on weekdays
- Puppy groom for new puppies
- Short coat wash and blow-dry
- Long coat wash, dry, and comb out
- Long coat full groom – includes a full body clip
- Pedigree breed clip
- Deshedding treatments
- Spa treatments
- Introductory puppy groom: $60-$80
- Short coat wash and dry: $60-$85
- Long coat wash, dry, brush out: $72-$130
- Long coat full groom: $84-$130
- Pedigree breed clip: $96-$160
- Dematting: $15 per 15 minute
- Spa treatments: $10-$22
5. SpaBark Dog Grooming Salon
- Best forGrooming and daycare
- Address44 Hall St Moonee Ponds Vic 3039 Melbourne Australia
- HoursMon-Fri 09:00-17:00
Lynda King established SpaBark Dog Grooming in 2004. It is a boutique salon that offers friendly, personalized service. Moreover, Lynda and her grooming team delight in the feeling of accomplishment they experience when they hand over a well-groomed pooch back to the parents. The atmosphere at SpaBark is sociable and relaxing. In addition, the groomers are trained on all dog breeds, and they keep updated on the latest techniques.
- The salon is located close to the Moonee Ponds train station
- Dog owners are treated like family, and they are taken through a pre-consultation session to make sure that the desired grooming result is achieved
- Daycare is available from 8-6 pm from Monday to Friday
- Full grooming – includes 2 body washes and a full-body trim
- Hand stripping
- Dog walking
- Taxi canine service
- Basic bath and tidy – includes nail trimming, ear cleaning, belly, and bottom trimming
- Puppy package – includes a shampoo, conditioner, and gentle blow-dry
- Full grooming package: $75-$85
- Basic bath and tidy: $65-$85
- Puppy package: $45
- Hand stripping: $95-$200
- Clip: $85-$150